Jeff Gross is a trial lawyer with over 25 years of experience who has taken numerous cases, for both plaintiffs and defendants, to jury verdicts. As a result of his trial experience and success, Jeff has been admitted as a Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, a Fellow of the International Society of Barristers and a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. Super Lawyers has recognized him as one of the top 25 Lawyers in Utah (2012 and 2013).
On the plaintiff side, by settlement or by jury, his clients have recovered over $200 million in cases ranging from wrongful death to trade secret misappropriation to complex contractual disputes.
On the defense side, he has successfully represented individuals and companies (public and private) in cases ranging from class action securities fraud to patent infringement. Jeff has also successfully defended some of Salt Lake’s largest law firms in legal malpractice cases.
Jeff is admitted to practice in Utah and California and has appeared pro hac vice in federal and state courts throughout the country. Jeff is a native Utahn who received his undergraduate degree from the University of California at Berkeley (A.B. (Economics) 1989) and his law degree from the University of Southern California (J.D. 1993) where he served on law review and currently serves on its Board of Councilors.
Jeff is a ranked lawyer in Chambers and Partners who observed that Jeff “has forged a formidable reputation as one of the state’s leading plaintiff and defense attorneys.”
- University of California, Berkeley (A.B. 1989, Economics)
- University of Southern California (J.D. 1993) (Law Review 1991-92)
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California (1993)
- United States District Court, Central District of California (1993)
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (1998)
- United States District Court, Northern District of California (1997)
- United States District Court, District of Utah (1998)
- Utah State Bar (1998)
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit (2000)
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit (2003)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, International Society of Barristers
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Board of Councilors, USC Gould School of Law