Melinda is an experienced trial lawyer having represented a range of clients from individuals to Fortune 100 companies. She has defended and prosecuted breach of contract claims, trademark and copyright infringement claims, shareholder derivative class actions, labor and employment disputes, and real estate litigation matters.
Melinda earned her Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University in 1990. She attended law school on a three-year merit scholarship. While in law school, Melinda was selected as a member of the national traveling moot court team and also served as an editor for the Journal of Public Law. Prior to law school, she earned her Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, in Business Administration/Finance with a minor in Chemistry from Utah State University in 1985.
For over a decade following her law school graduation, Melinda worked for the international trial firm of Quinn, Emanuel Urquhart and Sullivan in Los Angeles. Melinda represents clients in both Utah and California.
Melinda is the mother of four amazing children and finds that few things in life are better than spending time with them on a beach or up a canyon. Much of her volunteer time is spent in causes enriching the lives and defending the rights of children.
- Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University (J.D. 1990 cum laude)
- Utah State University (B.S. 1985 magna cum laude, Business Administration/Finance)
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California (1990)
- United States District Court, Central District of California (1991)
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (1992)
- Utah State Bar4 (2001)
- United States District Court, District of Utah (2016)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- President, Central Davis Jr. High PTSA (2015-2016)
- Member, Layton High and Central Davis Junior High School Community Council (2006-2013)
- President, Layton High School PTSA (2009-2010)
- President, Central Council of Davis County PTA (2008-2009)
- President, Davis County Children’s Justice Center Friends Board (2010-2012)
- Member, Davis County Children’s Justice Center Friends Board (2008-2012)
- President, E.G. King Elementary School PTA (2006-2007)
- Member, BYU Law School Alumni Board (2005-2010)
- Region Board Member, AYSO Division Coordinator (2004-2011)
- State Board Member & Oral Health Chair, Alliance of the Utah Dental Association (2002-2004)
- Missionary, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Lisbon, Portugal (1985-1987)