CAR AND VEHICLE ACCIDENTSHelping the victims and families of severe vehicle accidents. Our car accident practice is focused on representing those severely injured in car, passenger truck, and auto crashes, and the families who have lost a loved one.
Our Car Accident Practice
We focus on representing those who have been severely injured, as we have centered our practice on helping clients recover future damages, which requires the input of wage loss experts, vocational experts, physicians, other medical providers, and similar experts.
Preparing Your Case for Trial
Our Advantage as Trial Lawyers
Were You Involved in a Car Accident or Car Crash?
The term “accident” is often loosely used to describe a crash. It’s important to recognize, however, that an “accident” implies that no one may be at fault.
Car crashes typically involve one or more factors, including:
- Excessive speed
- Failure to follow driving rules and regulations
- Driver impairment by alcohol or drugs
- Sleep deprivation
- Texting or other driver inattention
- Construction zone impairments
- Roadway distractions
- Unsafe driving conditions, which may include those caused by weather
- Road defects
- Traffic signal and traffic control matters
Who May Be Liable for a Car Crash?
In a crash, there may be other people or parties liable in addition to just the driver causing the direct collision. Those potentially liable may include:
- Other drivers. In some crashes, the driver responsible for hitting another vehicle may not be the person most responsible for the crash. For instance, a driver may swerve into another vehicle while attempting to avoid an oncoming collision, such as to avoid a wrong-way driver. In investigating your crash, we will want to understand whether multiple drivers may have played a role in causing your injuries and damages.
- Commercial Vehicles. Many crashes are the result of the inattention or recklessness of those driving commercial vehicles. Such vehicles may range from large semi-trucks and tractor-trailers to smaller vehicles, such as delivery vehicles, contractor vans, passenger trucks, and similar vehicles. In these cases, not only will the driver be liable if he or she was negligent, but the company employing the driver likely will also be liable.
- Uber, Lyft, and Taxis Companies. Potentially companies that employ or contract with paid drivers may also be liable for the crashes caused by those driving under their brand.
- Bars and Restaurants that Over-Serve Intoxicated Patrons. Bars and restaurants have a legal duty not to continue to serve alcohol to patrons until they become drunk. When they nonetheless continue to over-serve intoxicated patrons, they may be liable under what are known as “dramshop” laws.
- Municipalities, Counties or the State. Governmental entities that design unsafe roads or traffic controls can be held liable.
Investigating the Driving Records of Negligent Commercial Drivers
See Representative Personal Injury Results
When a driver causing an accident was driving a commercial vehicle, it is important to obtain the driving record of such person. In some instances, the driver causing a crash may be found to have had a history of reckless driving and traffic infractions, sometimes even including drunk or impaired driving
Further, in some cases, commercial drivers may not even have a valid license at the time a crash occurred. This information is important to know so that the employer of such driver can be held fully accountable.
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation to Learn About Your Options
We offer a free consultation so that potential clients can meet with us and learn about their options for seeking full compensation, and so that they can learn about our qualifications to determine whether we are the right attorneys for them.
In personal injury and wrongful death matters, there is no fee for our services unless and until we recover compensation. During the course of litigation, we will also advance costs on behalf of our clients, such as those necessary for court costs, expert fees, and deposition costs. Please contact us today to learn how we can help you.